IPv6 - Delta to IPv4
In April 2011, the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre has announced, that it has released the last IPv4 adress block of its stock. At the same time, the worldwide demand for IP addresses is increasing, due to the exponential requirement for fixed addresses for electronic equipment.
The issue addressing can only be solved by the replacement of IPv4 with IPv6. Advantages and disadvantages of IPv6 are topic of this course, as well as basics of IPv6 and its applications.
Basically, the difference between IPv6 / IPv4 will be discussed, thus, at least basic knowledge of IPv4 is a prerequisite.
Target Group / Requirements
Technical staff with the requirement of IPv6 in their work.
- Reasons for IPv6
- Overview functionalities
- Overview protocol structure
- IPv6 within TCP/IP protocol stack
IPv6 Protocol structure
- Header structure & parameters
- Extension headers
- IP Control Message Protocol in v6
Adressing in IPv6
- Adress formats and adress space
- Uni-, multi- and anycast adresses
- Prefixes and address identifiers
- Address resolution and neighbour discovery
- Auto configuration
Routing in IPv6
- Routing tables
- RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP4 overview
- Host configuration via DHCP in IPv6
- IPv6 DNS
- IPv6 client-server architecture
- SLP, FTP and HTTP
- Idea of mobile IP
- Implementation in IPv6
- Binding and registration
Integration and Migration IPv4/IPv6
- Dual stack
- Integration of IPv6 in IPv4
- Migration scenario
Choose a suitable date from the list and sign up for this course.
Please contact us, if you find no suitable date or training location.
How to book a course
- Choose the desired training session from the Course overview and
- register online using the registration form.
- Download the registration form, fill it out and return it to us.
A confirmation of your registration will be sent to you by return.