LTE Radio Network Planning
Due to the system properties of LTE, the efficient basic planning process plays an important role for network quality and possible data rates. Also the constant coverage extension of the network and changing usage patterns require continuous optimisation and is an additional permanent challenge.
Accordingly, in addition to the introduction to the basics of radio network planning and its system and hardware dependencies, this course offers in a supplementary chapter possibilities for network optimisation. Subjects such as planning and optimisation of coverage, capacity, and network IDs will be explained.
After the course the participants will know about and understand the background of radio network planning. The participant will be able to make sound decisions for the possible usage of software tools. This course teaches knowledge and techniques which are relevant for planning and are independent of particular planning tools.
Target Group / Requirements
This course addresses employees in the area of radio-network planning and optimisation who have sound basic knowledge of GSM and/or UMTS.
LTE – System Properties
- E-UTRAN Architecture
- OFDM, Frame Structure, Synchronization and Reference Signals in LTE
- Frequency Bands and Bandwidth options
- Channel Structure in LTE
- Frequency Re-Use and Intercell Interference Mitigation
- L2 Measurements as Input for MIMO and Frequency Selective Scheduling (CQI, RI, PMI)
- Link Adaption in LTE (Modulation and Coding Scheme)
- Overview: LTE specific Input Parameter
- UE (UE Categories, Power Classes,…)
- eNB (Signal Path, …)
- Propagation Models
- Link Budget in LTE
- Traffic Model
- Traffic Simulation
- Capacity Restrictions in LTE
- Backhaul Planning in LTE
Drive Tests and -optimization
- Measurements in LTE
- Self-Organizing and –Optimizing Networks
- Usage of MIMO in LTE (Spatial Multiplexing and Diversity techniques in UL and DL)
- Physical Cell Identifier
- Tracking Area
Mobility – Neighbourhood Planning
- Intrafrequency, Interfrequency and InterRAT-Mobility in LTE
- Neighbourhood Planning in LTE
Choose a suitable date from the list and sign up for this course.
Please contact us, if you find no suitable date or training location.
How to book a course
- Choose the desired training session from the Course overview and
- register online using the registration form.
- Download the registration form, fill it out and return it to us.
A confirmation of your registration will be sent to you by return.